Each year, UD athletes, coaches, and supporters who have contributed to the success of the University of Dubuque athletics program, both on and off the athletic field, are recognized for their achievements. Nominations are reviewed and voted on by the Hall of Fame Committee (made up of former Spartan athletes and current UD administration and coaches. There are three types of awards: Athletic Hall of Fame Individual, Athletic Hall of Fame Team, and Athletic Hall of Distinction.
Athletic Hall of Fame Individuals and Teams
Designed to recognize the very best of Spartan athletes who have set records, hold records, or were All-Americans.
Criteria for the Hall of Fame Individual Award
1) Have been out of college at least 10 years
2) Have lettered in a varsity sport at UD
3) Have made an outstanding contribution to the stature of the University Athletic Program and to the ideals of the community life at UD while an undergraduate
4) Shows continuous support of UD
Criteria for the Hall of Fame Team Award
The team must have won a conference championship and/or were invited for NCAA post-season play.It must be at least 10 years since that accomplishment.
Hall of Distinction
Designed to recognize those individuals who have given unselfishly to further the University’s Athletic Programs and support its athletes.
Criteria for the Hall of Distinction Award
1) Made a significant contribution to UD as an administrator, member of the athletic support staff, coach, and booster alumnus/alumna
2) Have been out of college at least 10 years
3) Have made an outstanding contribution to the stature of the University Athletic Program and to the ideals of community life at UD
4) Demonstrate significant lifelong contributions to society, community or athletics through service and leadership